Better Smile, Better Quality of Life
Root Canal Treatment • General & Preventive Dentistry
Maintain Your Smile
Click on a link below to learn more about our other General & Preventive Dentistry services
Root Canal Treatment
What is a Root Canal?
Root canal is a treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or has become infected. During a root canal, the inside of the root of the tooth is cleaned out and sealed. Without treatment the tissue surrounding the tooth becomes infected and abscesses can form.
These are some common symptoms that indicate you might need a root canal treatment:
- Tender gums which might also be swollen
- Extreme sensitivity to cold and hot temperatures
- Discoloration of the tooth
- Severe toothache
What is the Procedure involved in Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal Treatment can be done in one visit or more visits depending on the infection in the pulp.
- Our dentist will do X-Rays and an exam to diagnose and treatment plan
- Our dentist will numb the tooth to reduce your discomfort and remove the infected nerve/pulp
- If you would prefer to be sedated for the procedure, we offer multiple forms of sedation
- The canals are cleaned and shaped
- The canals are sealed
- A permanent filling is done on the top
Don't be anxious! We offer multiple forms of Sedation.
If you have any questions regarding root canal treatments, call us today.
Let's start this journey together
Schedule Free Consult for Dental Implants with 3D X-Rays!
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.
Contact us :
My New Smile Dental
4003 Charlotte Ave.
Nashville TN 37209
Tel: (615) 205-7476
Fax: (615) 678-7520
Monday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
Friday: 7:00am – 1:00pm