4003 Charlotte Ave., Nashville TN 37209
What are Dental Implants? • Implant Dentistry
Nashville's Top Implant Dentist
What are Dental Implants?
Replace Missing or Damaged Teeth with Natural-Looking Dental Implants
Dental implants are modern, efficient and the most sensible alternate to natural teeth which may have been lost or damaged. Implant Supported Crowns look and feel natural, give you a perfect smile and better dental health.
We offer Dental Implant Supported Crowns for patients who have damaged a tooth or lost multiple teeth. These are artificial tooth roots (surgical grade titanium) that are implanted into the jaw to support the replacement tooth. Afterwards, we will take a mold of your teeth and send it to a laboratory, where qualified technicians use the impression to build a custom made crown specifically designed for your implant.
At My New Smile Dental, we can place and restore your implants right here in our office, with out referring you to anyone else! Plus, we have 3D Cone Beam Diagnostic Technology, which allows us to get a better picture of your existing bone mass. You should never get a dental implant without have a 3D image completed first!
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- The benefit of using dental implants is that they don't rely on neighboring teeth for support and they are permanent and stable.
- They will not come loose like dentures.
- They prevent your other teeth from shifting around due to the loss of a tooth.
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss in your jaw.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
A good candidate for dental implants will have healthy gums and enough bone in the jaw to support the implant. If the bone in your jaw is insufficient (too thin or soft) to anchor and support an implant properly then you may require a bone grafting procedure before the implant can be placed.
You also may require a Sinus Lift if there is not enough bone height in your upper jaw or if your sinuses are too close together.
Your implant specialist will be able to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants with the use of 3D Cone Beam CT Scan. This type of technology will allow the dentist to get an accurate bone density reading of your jaw, see where your blood vessels and nerves are and to spot any abnormalities that could affect the implant's placement. This information is imperative for the success of a dental implant procedure. Do not have an implant placed by any dental professional without a 3D Cone Beam CT Scan!
See Dr. Raissi discuss Single Tooth Dental Implants.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The implant placement procedure is as follows:
- The titanium implant is placed in the jawbone surgically by your dental implant specialist. They will use the information gathered from the 3D Cone Beam CT Scan to precisely place the implant.
- Healing time typically takes a few weeks to a few months. During this time the titanium implant will actually fuse with your natural jaw bone in a process called osseointegration. This will create a stable foundation for the crown that will be placed at the end of the healing process.
- Once the osseointegration process is complete and the implant has completely fused to your jawbone, an abutment is placed on top of your gumline. This is what the crown will be attached to when it is time to be placed.
- In the last step of the process, a single crown, an implant supported bridge or a denture is attached to the abutment to complete the procedure.
Dental Implants - High-Tech Teeth
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Consequences of Missing Teeth
Dental Implant FAQs
How to Choose an Implant Dentist
Start Your Journey to a Better Smile and a Better Life
Yes! I want to Reserve my Free Consultation for Implants!
(includes 3D X-Rays, a $550 value)
Do you have questions? We are here to help you. Please call for immediate assistance.
Contact us :
My New Smile Dental
4003 Charlotte Ave.
Nashville TN 37209
Tel: (615) 266-5000
Fax: (615) 678-7520
Monday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 7:00am - 1:00pm